Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Randi

Maternity Session: Randi

Let me be honest for a second. There used to be a time when I straight up despised the thought of doing a maternity shoot. I wasn't a big fan of the style, and for some reason photographing tummies didn't strike me as being interesting. Maybe it's because I'm not a mommy myself.

Fast forward to a little over a month ago. I did my first maternity session with Betsy and Frank (you can view their session further down on the blog). Loved it. They were just so warm and friendly and fun to be around. They made me rethink my stance on the maternity shoots.

Now jump ahead to last weekend. I met Randi by the Waterfront in E-City and had a blast doing her session. She was so up for doing anything and she had the cutest little outfits... after her session, I decided that maternity shoots were actually one of my favorite types of sessions to do. I guess it's all in just finding my own style and running with it (and it helps that the mommies I photograph are freakin' cool). Lesson learned... don't knock anything before you try it!

Another thing I noticed... there's something about a mom-to-be that stands out from normal sessions. There's so much excitement and anticipation there... you can't help but notice them glow!

Anyway, enough of my blabbering. Here are some shots from Randi's session:










2 comments:

Amanda March 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Those are amazing! You have a talent!

Leah April 1, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Wow. Those are awesome! What a great job capturing all the different emotions of a mother-to-be. Beautiful photos....

Followers

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP