Sunday, April 5, 2009

Detroit

Going out of state is always like a breath of fresh air to me.

This past week, I spent some time in Detroit on business. Our flight arrived a little bit earlier in the day, so we had the chance to spend a couple of hours scouring the city. I had imagined Detroit as being run-down, rainy, and incredibly blue... my imagination wasn't that far off, but along with the old-town dreariness of the city was some sort of odd beauty. Not exactly history, but it was something along those lines. There were lots of abandoned buildings and lots of good photo ops, but no real time to explore them. I did manage to take this shot from the roof of a parking deck:



We hit up Greektown that evening, where I played my hand at the slots for the first time ever. I could have quadrupled what I put into the machine, but decided to take a chance and double my winnings... of course that didn't work out.



There may be another trip to Detroit at the end of the month (but who knows for sure)? If there is, I'll definitely try to grab more photos if there's time.

0 comments:

Followers

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP